Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Year of the Creative 2013: One Month Later.


Hey, Ya’ll! It’s Mardi Gras!

Well, it’s not Mardi Gras just yet. Fat Tuesday is a week away. Late Winter to early Spring is one of my favorite times of year to get a little work done. With all the awards shows and spring festivals around the corner, the creative side of my brain goes into hyperdrive.

I have done some of my best writing during this time. I wrote my feature-length screenplay Niecy in February and March. I also wrote my web series The Adventures of Maxis and Kevin in February and March. My friend Brian and I are also beginning a project, using the momentum from Keeper of the Flame, which was recently showcased at the Festival Régional et International du Cinéma de Guadeloupe (or FEMI, for short.) Here is a hint of what we are doing:



I've also decided to participate in Mobile's Film Scramble this year. Submissions are due in a week, and I am at a lost on subject matter. Whichever I choose, it has to include a cardboard box. Talk about out-of-the-box thinking! I better eat my Wheaties.  

So, busy, busy, busy! But that doesn’t mean I can’t have a little fun. After all, isn’t that the point of Mardi Gras? All work and no play makes Sharonda a dull girl.

Happy Filmmaking!

No comments: