Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year, New Beginnings

Happy 2014! The year is already kicking my butt!

This will prove to be a huge year for indies. While blockbusters still rule the box office, several anticipated indie projects were/are greenlighted. Equipment is getting cheaper by the day. By the way, the new iPhone 5S video is pretty impressive for a cell phone. iPhone (or Android, if you prefer) filmmaking is becoming more professional. Check out the raw footage below. I performed a color test using the phone. Warning: if you find Future annoying, don't worry. I turned off the song.



I started this year by shooting an impromptu music video Sunday. I love planning and believe in it immensely, however, impromptu shooting worked out my brain creatively.  I still advocate planned shoots, but now I think everyone should try shooting this way at least once. I'm now editing the results and will be posting shortly.
Sometimes organic shooting is best!

My hometown is turning Hollywood as well. In addition to the other productions shot last year, at least three major productions, including a Mario Van Peebles movie, are slated to be shot in our little Southern city. I urge all indie filmmakers to consider Mobile before hipsters start to hate us. And, Mario, if you need a local with some skills, I'm here! Just kidding. Or am I?

Anyways, I hope you have a great and productive new year! Happy Filmmaking!



No comments: